As long as I am going through pictures I thought I'd share some of my garden.
This year I vowed to "use what I already have" to fulfill my garden dreams. I stuck to it pretty well, too
The house is freshly painted and, by the way, David finished my railing. Good job and thank you so VERY much! Thanks for the planters, Mom.
This year I vowed to "use what I already have" to fulfill my garden dreams. I stuck to it pretty well, too
The house is freshly painted and, by the way, David finished my railing. Good job and thank you so VERY much! Thanks for the planters, Mom.

Ahh, Peonies! Enlarge the white one to see just a hint of a pink streak, about 4:00 from center.
First Peony blooms of my infant garden. Only 2 bloomed. Could need another season to bloom or I"ve planted them too deep. I guess time will tell. Gardening certainly lends itself to the lesson of learning patience!
"Lemon Merigue" is the name of this climbing rose and the fragrance is Delicious!!
Siberian (or Japanese) Iris. I want to get some white ones like this, too. The larger irises I planted into my "baby" garden have not bloomed, but sometimes it takes 2 seasons before they will.I have big plans in my head for an English "Cottage Style" Garden. Of course, now I need to remove the stinky (like cat pee) Boxwoods from the front of the house. I don't want to kill them, that would be sacreligious here in Virginia. I will sincerely try to find a happy home for them. In addition I need muscle, and oh yeah, money! I do feel I am off to a good start though.
The Rosemary plant in tn the "Mother Garden" that I planted the first year I was here, as one of those Lowe's Chrsitmas tree-shaped plants, now looks like a hedge. It's in a good place for picking up fragrance, right beside the my brick walk. However, she is battling with the Lavendar Hedge (that I grew from seeds Pierrette gave me) that, too, is in a good place to pick up fragrance. Oh, what to do, what to do!

Pierrette also gave me Sweet William seeds. The small, deep pink flowers near the lavendar bush. They are blooming for the second year

Gardening is my joy and my pain.; even though I pay a price, sometimes, it is worth it. Keeps me out of trouble anyway!


1 comment:
Wow! Everything looks great!
Post a Comment